How To Make Steak Egg And Cheese Burrito
In a small mixing bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, fresh squeezed lime juice, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
Grab a non-stick skillet and spray it with olive oil cooking spray. Add the sliced onions and red bell peppers.
Sauté over medium heat for 5-6 minutes then push the veggies to one side of the pan and add the shaved beef to the other side of the same pan. Season with salt and pepper.
Sauté until the shaved beef is cooked through and lightly browned.
In a second non-stick skillet, add one tablespoon of butter.
Once melted, pour in the whisked eggs. Cook the eggs to your liking and top them with shredded mozzarella.
Assemble the burritos:
Gently heat your tortillas so they are pliable and begin building your burritos one at a time.
Add a layer of peppers and onions. Followed by half of the shaved beef.
Next, add some of the cheesy egg and shaved iceberg lettuce.
Roll the burrito, making sure it is sealed tightly.
Heat the remaining butter in a clean pan and place the burrito in the pan to get a crispy sear on the outside.
Remove the burrito from the pan, top it with the spicy yogurt sauce, fresh cilantro, and diced jalapeno. Serve with a wedge of fresh lime.
Tips On How To Make Steak And Egg Breakfast Burritos
- Great burritos start with the largest flour tortilla you can find. The ones I use are about 12-inches in diameter which are more than wide enough to wrap around and secure the filling. Briefly warm them on a hot pan or griddle until theyre pliable and easy to roll without breaking.
- It was a happenstance that we grilled carne asada during the holiday so I had well-seasoned meat with lots of smoky flavors. Normally, I usually just season the flap meat with salt and pepper and give it a good sear in a hot pan. You can also use sliced top sirloin or if you want to splurge and make your breakfast extra special, a juicy ribeye steak is a great option, too!
- The scrambled eggs are an important component make sure theyre done moist and fluffy. Take them off the heat when set but still slightly wet as theyll continue to cook in their residual heat. Let stand to warm before piling on the tortilla as the steam might make the burritos soggy.
- You can use bottled salsa if youre freezing the burritos for future meals but I highly suggest taking the extra step of making pico de gallo if youre enjoying them the same day. The fresh flavors of the tomato salsa really do make a difference!
- Cheddar cheese is what the recipe calls for but feel free to swap your favorite shredded cheese blend.
- I like to quickly toast the rolled burritos on a hot ungreased pan to give the tortilla a nice crisp and to help the cheese inside melt a little. Totally optional but highly recommended.
Grande Toasted Breakfast Burrito Is A Giant Leap For Breakfast Kind
When your alarm goes off, theres nothing you want more than to stay bundled up nice and cozy under your covers. We get that. But what if we told you that the stuff-of-dreams Grande Toasted Breakfast Burrito with steak will make the getting-out-of-bed transition easier for you?Thats because weve put everything into weaving this delicious breakfast creation . Lets go ahead and count em up:It starts with the steak. Then double the eggs.* Potato bites. Tomatoes. And three melty cheeses to bring the Grande Toasted Breakfast Burrito all together and toasted to perfection.Many have tried, but theres really no sleeping on the Grande Toasted Breakfast Burrito with steak.
At participating U.S. Taco Bell® locations. Contact restaurant for prices, hours & participation, which vary. Tax extra. 2,000 calories a day used for general nutrition advice, but calorie needs vary. Additional nutrition information available upon request.©2022 Taco Bell IP Holder, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Recommended Reading: Easter Egg Hunt Jersey City
Try These Delicious Breakfast Burritos Today
Here are a few more delicious breakfast recipes that can be found on the blog:
Welcome to Great Grub, Delicious Treats! Hello, my name is Terri and I’m so glad you stopped by. I’m a self taught cook/foodie at heart, mom to three kids, photographer and have a love for amazing food. I left my full time job of being a hospice admissions RN, which was super tough and extremely sad, and at times, very rewarding to be there for the patients and families to blog full time which I absolutely love. I hope you enjoy, and check out, all of the delicious recipes on my site while you’re here! And don’t forget to sign up to receive every new recipe right to your email. Thanks again for stopping by! 🙂
Steak And Eggs Wrap Recipe
Grilled steak is my son’s favorite thing to eat so I created this steak and eggs recipe using leftover steak. It is an easy recipe to prep and I make a batch so we have them for the week. The wraps will last a few days in the refrigerator or they can be frozen and placed in the fridge, the night before eating them. They are quickly reheated in the microwave for a quick breakfast, lunch or dinner.
We cook strip steaks often because they are very easy to grill so I often make an extra steak for these breakfast wraps. You can also use chip steak or sirloin steak which is in my Best Steak Tacos recipe. For more about steak cuts and swaps, check out these STEAK SWAP tips which come in handy for cooking meals.
You May Like: 2 Hard Boiled Egg Calories
How To Freeze Steak And Egg Breakfast Burritos
The secret to successful and stress-free mornings is making sure to always have breakfast readily available! This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, or quadrupled. To freeze, wrap each burrito in foil . Place them on a cooking sheet in a single layer and flash freeze for 30 minutes. Remove from sheet and place in a large ziplock bag and freeze until ready to eat.
Jump To Recipe Print Recipe
Steak and eggs is such a hearty, high protein breakfast. Why not it on-the-go with a handheld steak egg and cheese burrito? Piled high with toppings like refried bean and pico de gallo, this earnest American breakfast gets a Tex Mex spin.
As I have said before, I am definitely a savory breakfast gal! Bacon, sausage, shrimp and grits. You name it, Ill start my day with it. So steak and eggs meets breakfast burrito is right up my alley. Hearty, protein packed, and portable, whats not to love?
Also Check: The Egg And I Book
Carne Asada Breakfast Burrito
2poundsbeef skirt steak, cut into thin strips
2tablespoonscarne asada seasoning
1red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
1 canHunt’s® Diced Tomatoes, drained
2cupsfrozen diced potatoes
salt and pepper to taste
2cupsshredded Mexican cheese blend
Steak And Potato Breakfast Burritos
Breakfast Burritos are hearty and filling and there are so many different variations. Steak and potato burritos are one of my favorites for two reasons: 1. They are SO tasty the steak, potatoes, tender eggs, melted cheese and the crisp tortilla all pair perfectly together. 2. They can be made in advance AND using leftovers too.
Whenever I have leftover steak and potatoes, I like to make these burritos. You can assemble them in advance, keep them in your refrigerator or freezer and then just heat them up for a quick and hearty breakfast in the morning.
Breakfast burritos are very convenient to take with you on the go to school or work, or you can go the extra mile and serve them on a leisurely weekend morning with pico de gallo, avocados and sour cream for an indulgent meal that will keep you full for hours.
If your steak is cooked rare or medium, the steak will remain really tender and juicy even when its heated up in the burrito, which is one of the best ways to repurpose your leftover steak.
Read Also: Difference Between White Eggs And Brown Eggs
Steak And Egg Breakfast Burritos
It doesnt get much better than homemade Steak and Egg Breakfast Burritos in the morning! These breakfast burritos make the best grab and go breakfast and you can even eat it with one hand. The best part of these are they are incredibly freezer-friendly and can be made up to 3 months ahead of time!
Say goodbye to breakfastless mornings because your refrigerator can be fully stocked with these babies. You might be able to hit the snooze button a few more times and sleep in a bit longer thanks to these.
Others Will See How You Vote
Oh Dan! Dan Dan Dan! . He spoiled us on our first experience at Barsecco. Can I just request him whenever I’m in town?! Another round of Prosecco please!Barsecco is a hip, swanky type of restaurant, which embodies the Miami lifestyle. It’s the loud music, bottle service and hookah menu in downtown Miami.Although the food was good, I felt the menu options for brunch were pretty basic given the overall ambiance. Maybe the other menus are exciting but brunch was not. The steak and eggburrito was very good and very filling so I would suggest that if you do go…and then ask for Dan.
Was this review ?
Recommended Reading: Healthy Breakfast Ideas Without Eggs
Steak And Egg Breakfast Burrito On The Grill
May 20, 2020
This easy breakfast burrito has all the classic flavors. From tender steak, fresh veggies, to crispy potatoes. This Steak and Egg Breakfast Burrito recipe is fantastic when cooked on a grill for that extra wood smoke flavor .
This post is sponsored by MAK Grills. MAK Grills make superior and beautiful pellet grills in Oregon and are shipped throughout the US.All opinions are our own, because we love this grill and have been using one for years.
Breakfast burritos are a great way to pack all of your favorite meats and veggies into one tightly wrapped meal. Gently folded and wrapped up and topped with everything from sour cream, to enchilada sauce, or even your favorite pico de gallo.
This breakfast burrito recipe is all about simple, fresh, and delicious ingredients, and cooking them all at once on a grill. You can use a griddle like this accessory from MAK grills, or modify on any grill using a cast iron pan.
The added bonus of cooking your breakfast on the grill is being outside, spending time with friends and family, and then serving it family style for everyone to make their own.
How To Make A Breakfast Burrito
I love the fact that the possibilities are pretty much endless when it comes to making breakfast burritos, and one can use their personal taste as a guide.
For me, it’s all about flavorful ingredients that are hearty and substantial, well seasoned, and I use sirloin steak as the main protein in my flavorful filling.
I also enjoy some texture and a little hint of sweetness, so I add some diced sweet potatoes and red onions into the mix.
Sprinkling in lots of warm spices such as cumin, coriander and chili powder gives the filling a nice kick. I also give a generous drizzle of a ridiculously tasty and mildly spicy garlic aioli sauce before laying a sunny-side up egg over top.
My mouth is watering just thinking about it… is it breakfast yet?!
Here’s a quick overview of my breakfast burrito recipe :
Don’t Miss: Super Mario Bros Google Easter Egg
How To Make Carne Asada Burritos
Repurposing Leftovers For Breakfast Burritos
For this recipe, leftover cooked potatoes or leftover steak works really well. Cut up the leftover potatoes and the slice the steak thinly.
These are my favorite steak recipes to make a bigger portion specifically so I can make these Breakfast Burritos:
- Beef Fajitas When I serve this for dinner, I make sure to buy extra tortillas and cook extra beef, peppers and onions, which I add to the burritos.
- Garlic and Herb Roasted Potatoes these roasted potatoes are so delicious for dinner and are perfect to add to the burritos.
- You can also use leftover boiled or baked potatoes as well. Almost any leftover steak can be used in this recipe too.
Recommended Reading: Organic Vs Free Range Eggs
Back To School Meals Made Easy With Beef
It’s back to school time even though many students are learning from home. Normally this is a very busy time of year for families and now presents more of a challenge than ever. I’m sure everyone can use some tips for getting easy meals on their table.
My husband and I were supposed to be empty nesters however this pandemic got in the way of that. I’m cooking for us but also for an 18 year old college athlete that eats a lot. I never know when a few friends or girlfriend might also be here. And I am not complaining as I view meal time as the more the merrier.
Beef is the perfect ingredient to make easy weekday meals. It can also be cooked in batches so that you have extra for other meals. We really don’t have many leftovers so I will cook extra . Here are some great BATCH COOKING TIPS for beef.
How To Make Fried Rib Eye Breakfast Burritos
Read Also: Bacon Egg And Cheese Mcdonalds
Ingredients Needed For A Carne Asada Burrito
- Top Round Steak, Skirt Steak or Flank Steak: . Are all great options. Which ever cut of meat you choose will be tender and flavorful with the marinade. When slicing, be sure to cut against the grain.
- Jalapeno: Adds a spicy kick, you can omit if preferred.
- Garlic: We love using freshly crushed or minced garlic as opposed to the jarred garlic. Fresh ingredients really brings the marinade to life!
- Fresh Cilantro: Adds to the Mexican flavor of these burritos.
- Citrus: Youll need lime juice, lemon juice and orange juice. The acidic ingredients in a marinade help tenderize touch connective tissue in the meat.
- Olive Oil: Adding oil to marinades helps the meat to cook more evenly and enhances surface browning.
- Seasonings: Cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper
- Pico de Gallo: You can use a store bought pico de gallo but making it at home is really easy all youll need are tomatoes, white onion, cilantro, lime, salt and pepper!
- Flour tortillas: We love making these with the burrito size flour tortillas. Any 10 12 inch flour tortilla will work great. Heat on the stove to get some warmth to the tortilla before you roll it up!
- Tater tots: The addition of tater tots of fries makes this carne asada burrito essentially a California Style Carne Asada Burrito and its drool-worthy! Use frozen for convenience.
- Eggs: I love using this scrambled egg recipe for these burritos.
- Cheese: use your favorite cheese. We love a sharp cheddar or a Mexican three cheese blend.
Ingredients Needed For Steak Egg And Cheese Burrito
Spicy Yogurt Sauce You will combine Greek yogurt, hot sauce, fresh squeezed lime juice, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl. Set it aside
Tortillas Use two extra-large flour tortillas for this recipe. Before filling the tortillas, gently heat them in the microwave for 15-20 seconds so they are pliable and easy to work with.
Vegetables For this recipe, you will need a red bell pepper and an onion. Slice them both thin. I also added some shaved lettuce inside of the burrito, but this is optional.
Steak For this recipe, I used Krogers steak shaved beef product. Its already thinly shaved and easy to work with. Perfect for burritos and cheesesteaks.
Eggs You will need to whisk four eggs for this recipe. Makes two very large burritos.
Butter You will need two tablespoons of butter for this recipe. One tablespoon will be used in the pan with the eggs. The second tablespoon will be used to brown the outside of the burrito once it is stuffed and wrapped.
Cheese Top the eggs with shredded mozzarella cheese or a cheese of your choice. Let it melt over the eggs.
Garnishes Top the burrito with spicy yogurt sauce, fresh chopped cilantro, and diced jalapeno. Serve hot with a wedge of lime.
You May Like: How Many Carbs In 3 Eggs