Tips From The Pillsbury Kitchens
- tip 1 Top your sausage-hash brown breakfast casserole with a generous sprinkle of chopped green onion or chives.
- tip 2 Serve this hearty dish on your brunch buffet along with bacon, fresh fruit salad and cinnamon rolls.
- tip 3 OBrien potatoes are diced and cooked with chopped green peppers and onions. They share a nice boost of extra flavor with no effort on your part. Flavored sausage, from a traditional pork breakfast grind to a spicy Italian or chorizo, play the same rolea meaty richness that rounds up the taste of a simple egg bake.
Hash Brown Egg Casserole Ingredients
- Hash Brown Patties- You can find these in the freezer section. No need to thaw them.
- Bacon- Fry up your bacon and crumble it.
- Milk- Whole milk is always best to bake with becuase of fat content but this recipe still works well with 1% or 2% milk.
- Eggs- Use large eggs.
- Shredded Cheese- Sharp cheddar cheese or monterey jack
- Salt and Pepper I prefer freshly cracked pepper and sea salt.
Plus De Recettes De Casseroles Savoureuses Pour Le Petit
- Casserole de pain doré panettone aux cerises – Cette délicieuse recette de pain perdu comprend du pain Panettone, une garniture pour tarte aux cerises et un streusel à l’avoine !
- Casserole de pain doré à la tarte aux pommes – Une délicieuse cocotte de petit-déjeuner qui allie les saveurs de pain perdu et de tarte aux pommes !
- Casserole Saucisse Oeuf & Fromage – Essayez cette recette de saucisses, d’ufs et de fromage sans effort lorsque vous avez besoin d’un petit-déjeuner facile à partager avec une grande foule !
- Pain doré au four – Si vous aimez le pain perdu et les recettes faciles à préparer, vous devez essayer mon pain perdu !
- Casserole de Saucisse Hasch Brown – Cette casserole de pommes de terre rissolées au fromage est simple, mais si savoureuse et copieuse !
Vous aimez une recette que vous avez essayée ? S’il vous plaît laissez une note de 5 étoiles dans la fiche de recette ci-dessous et/ou une critique dans la section commentaires plus bas sur la page. Restez en contact avec moivia les réseaux sociaux @ , , ou ! N’oubliez pas de me taguer lorsque vous essayez une de mes recettes !
Don’t Miss: Air Fry Soft Boil Egg
Gather The Ingredients For This Cheesy Sausage Breakfast Casserole
You will first need to head to the store and load up your cart with ingredients. For this dish, you need breakfast sausage, green onions, eggs, sour cream, salt, black pepper, sharp cheddar cheese, jack cheese, and shredded hash browns. You can switch up the cheeses to others if you prefer. I like to use a combination of cheddar and pepper jack, because I like the flavor that pepper jack brings to it, but some people use all cheddar or combinations like cheddar and Monterey jack, Morone says. Its totally up to you.
Once you have those things, you can make this cheesy breakfast casserole.
Whats In A Hash Brown Casserole
This easy egg casserole has a few different layers:
- Hash browns: I used about half of a 30 ounce package of frozen hash browns.
- Sausage you can use bulk sausage or remove the casings from breakfast links. You can even substitute bacon.
- Eggs 6 large Egglands Best Eggs went into this casserole.
- Cheese I used 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese that I shredded myself.
- Spices A teaspoon onion powder along with garlic, salt, pepper and dried mustard add tons of flavor.
I love using Egglands Best Eggs because of their superior nutrition. They have six times more vitamin D and 38% more lutein than ordinary eggs making them the only eggs good enough for my family during the holidays. I regularly buy Egglands Best and absolutely love them.
Recommended Reading: How Long Do Boil Eggs Last
The Hashbrowns Thats Why
I love Cracker Barrel but the truth is I only show up for the hashbrown casserole. Thats it. Just the hashbrowns people.
My friend shared her version of that yummy, oh so creamy and cheesy easy Hashbrown Casserole with me and WOW! Tender shredded hash browns in a rich and creamy cheese sauce, topped with more cheese and baked until hot and bubbly!
This is a perfect breakfast casserole for any holiday morning or just when youre getting the family together for a delicious breakfast or brunch. It also makes a perfect side dish for Crispy Oven Parmesan Chicken or even served alongside a Ranch 7 Layer Salad for lunch!
Breakfast Bakes & Casseroles
Easy and filling breakfast bakes that can feed a crowd. These breakfast casseroles are perfect for holidays or special occasions.
Three ingredient caramel apple cinnamon roll casserole is not only easy but perfect for Fall. Cinnamon rolls baked with caramel and apples. Is it breakfast or is it dessert?
Croissant french toast recipe. An overnight french toast recipe made with croissants, apples and cinnamon.
Make pancakes for a crowd without having to flip dozens of them. How to make sheet pan pancakes with pancake mix.
This easy overnight french toast recipe is not only delicious it will save you time in the morning and feed a crowd. It’s so good you may even want to have it for dessert!
Chorizo and egg breakfast casserole with homefries, bell peppers, onions and cheese. The classic combination of chorizo and potato but make it a breakfast bake.
Breakfast bake with biscuits, sausage, eggs, cheese and hash browns. Perfect hearty breakfast perfect for the holidays, brunch or a potluck.
Biscuit breakfast casserole with sausage, eggs and cheese. Perfect hearty breakfast perfect for the holidays, brunch or a potluck.
Blueberry baked oatmeal is Amish-style baked oatmeal with blueberries. Its an easy and delicious breakfast that you can make ahead of time.
This sausage hashbrown breakfast casserole is quick, easy and delicious. It combines frozen hashbrowns, sausage, peppers, onions, Hood sour cream and cheese.
You May Like: Eggs Up Grill Menu Hendersonville Nc
More Breakfast Recipes You Will Love
A super easy make ahead and freezer friendly Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole that is totally customizable to suit your taste with different breakfast meats like sausage, bacon, or ham, different vegetables, and a variety of cheeses.
- Total Time:1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield:12 servings 1x
- 30 ounces shredded hash brown potatoes thawed
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded cheddar
- 3 green onions thin sliced
Cooks Tips And Recipe Variations:
- I prefer using whole milk or cream for this recipe. I dont recommend low-fat or fat-free milk, since the fat in the milk or cream helps create the rich egg custard for the dish.
- Substitute other cheeses for the cheddar. For instance, try Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, Swiss or Gruyere.
- Add diced, sautéed vegetables to the casserole. You can use mushrooms, onion and bell peppers, for example. A can or two of chopped green chiles would also be delicious!
- Make the breakfast casserole with bacon or ham instead of the sausage. You will need about 2 2.5 cups of diced ham or cooked, crumbled bacon.
- Give the dish some kick by using spicy sausage.
Read Also: How Many Protein Is In An Egg
You May Like: Hard Boiled Eggs Time Chart
Hash Brown Egg Casserole With Hash Brown Patties Bacon Eggs And Cheese A Hearty Breakfast That Is Easy To Make And Perfect For Holidays Brunch And Potlucks
Hash brown egg casserole is layered with hash brown patties, bacon, eggs and cheese. Its a simple breakfast casserole that is easy to make and perfect for holidays, brunch and potlucks. This is the kind of recipe that is perfect for Christmas morning. It has simple ingredients and only takes minutes to put together. Pop it in the oven while you are opening gifts. Maybe even make a side of cinnamon rolls.
Not a morning person? Prep it the night before and throw it in the oven the morning of.
Weekend breakfasts are meant to be a little more special. Breakfast casseroles are one of the easiest dishes to make. They are easy to throw together, great for holidays, are delicious and can feed a crowd. Looking for some more breakfast casseroles? Try these below.
Angela’s Tips En Receptnotities
- Breng op smaak met versgemalen peper bij het serveren, omdat het de eieren een grijze kleur kan geven als je het voor het koken toevoegt.
- Bij het kiezen van hash browns, Ik gebruik graag het 20-ounce pakket van verse hash browns van het merk Simply Potatoes. Je kunt ook bevroren aardappelpartjes gebruiken, zorg er dan wel voor dat ze volledig ontdooid zijn.
- Om deze braadpan te maken van tevoren kun je het de avond ervoor in elkaar zetten, dan de kaas toevoegen en ‘s ochtends bakken.
You May Like: How To Use Just Egg
How To Make Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole
One of the best things about hashbrown casserole is that its super quick to prepare . I literally cannot stop eating it dinner, bedtime snack and then breakfast if there is any left!
Its that easy! If youd like you can add leftover chicken, ham or ground beef to this easy recipe. Stir in your favorite veggies as well, Steamed Broccoli, peas or frozen veggies work well too!
How To Make Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
This hash brown breakfast casserole is almost TOO easy–which let’s be honest, that is EXACTLY what you need when entertaining or holiday breakfasts.
Step One: Layer defrosted hash browns in a greased casserole dish.
Yes, you can brown your hash browns first in a skillet–but there is NO need to take this step unless of course, you are craving the texture of crispy hash browns mixed with creamy eggs.
If you are desiring, crispier hash browns, I would recommend browning the hash browns ups in the oven for 10-15 minutes before adding the remaining ingredients. This way, you save yourself the step of browning in the skillet.
Step Two: Layer the hash browns with browned sausage.
Brown up sausage, breaking into small pieces as it cooks, and then drain off any excess grease. Layer the sausage evenly over the potatoes. If you are using ham, bacon, or vegetables, be sure to sprinkle over the potatoes evenly as well.
Step Three: Sprinkle cheese over top of the sausage and hash browns.
Wondering why I put the cheese on now before I add the egg custard?
This helps the cheese to be in every bite of the casserole, not just one gooey layer on top. But hey, if you are craving gooey, layers of slightly browned cheese like a classic lasagna, put the cheese on top of the egg mixture.
Step Four: Mix together the eggs with seasonings and milk and pour over the layers of hash browns, sausage, and cheese.
Step Five: Bake and serve.
Also Check: Does 7 11 Have Eggs
Best Egg Casserole With Hash Browns
I am always on the lookout for the best egg casserole recipes. Breakfast casserole recipes are my favorite brunch dishes, and Ive been known to make them for dinner when I get tired of the same old chicken recipes we normally have.
My cheesy egg casserole is something I make every year and adding hash browns just seemed like a natural progression. One of my readers told me about her NO FAIL egg casserole with sausage and cheese and hash browns, so I decided I NEEDED to recreate it.
How To Make This Gluten Free Breakfast Casserole
To keep it Whole30, its important to find compliant breakfast or Italian sausage. I prefer to use Butcher Box sausage, but Ive also included a recipe below for making your own!
The same thing goes for the hash browns. The only place Ive found compliant pre-cut frozen hash browns is Sprouts . You can easily use a cheese grater or food processor to shred 3 potatoes instead! Or if youre not doing a Whole30 and dont mind a few additives, there are plenty of frozen hash browns to be found in the freezer aisle.
Recommended Reading: What Is Egg Substitute Made Of
Read Also: Hotels In Egg Harbor City Nj
How Do I Keep Frozen Hash Browns Crispy
Dont crowd the pan! Add the frozen hash browns in a thin layer. Cook until browned and crispy on the bottom without moving them all over and around.
Flip and cook until the other side is crispy and the potatoes are cooked through.
Remove to a paper towel lined plate to remove any excess oil or grease. Be mindful that when you add these to any breakfast casserole, you run the risk of them getting a little less crispy just due to the other ingredients adding moisture back in.
To Bake Or Make Ahead
Cook it now or refrigerate overnight At this point you can either bake the casserole and serve or you can cover and refrigerate overnight and bake in the morning.
Bake NowSimply pour the egg mixture overtop and bake. Unlike a strata or french toast type recipe, you do not need to wait as there is no bread to soak up the mixture. So just make and bake.
Bake Later Cover the mixture tightly and refrigerate up to 48 hours. Remove from the fridge at least 30 minutes before baking .
Also Check: How Long Is The Egg Donation Process
Overnight Eggnog French Toast
A delicious french toast casserole that you can make the night before. A perfect combination of fresh eggnog, cinnamon and nutmeg. It’s bright flavors makes it perfect for breakfast or brunch. It’s so good you may even want to have it for dessert!
This Amish-style baked oatmeal with apple and cinnamon make for easy and delicious breakfast. Perfect for making ahead of time.
How To Make Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole:
- Add breakfast sausage to a large skillet.
- Break it apart and cook it until its completely brown. Drain off any fat.
- Add frozen shredded potatoes, the cooked sausage, and shredded cheddar cheese to a large bowl.
- Stir to combine. Then, transfer to a large baking dish.
- Add eggs, milk, salt, and pepper to a large bowl.
- Whisk until well scrambled. Then, pour the eggs over the hash browns.
You May Like: How To Make Egg Roll Wrap
Tools I Use To Make This Recipe Easy:
This is a pretty straight-forward dish. You dont need any fancy equipment. However, having some good basic kitchen tools can really make your time in the kitchen more enjoyable. Over time, Ive honed my collection so that they are perfect for my needs. Here are the tools that I like to use in this recipe.
- plastic cutting boards I have blue boards for veggies and white boards for meat.
- Ergo Chef chefs knife Ive had my set for several years and they work well.
- large skillet with lid I have two of these since I love this model so much.
- Pyrex measure bowl Great for measuring and mixing in one spot.
- whisk Get one with a sealed barrel so you cant throw it in the dishwasher.
- 9×13-inch pan I love the ones that come with plastic lids for easy storage and stacking in the freezer.
To Make Overnight Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole:
- Follow the recipe directions to assemble this casserole.
- Cover the dish and place it in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, uncover the dish. Let it sit at room temperature as the oven preheats.
- Then, bake it the exact same way as listed in the directions. The cooking time is the same either way.
This easy breakfast casserole is a great make ahead breakfast or brunch recipe. And, its perfect for feeding a crowd.
You May Like: How To Make Egg Soup
How To Make Gluten
The first step to making delicious breakfast casserole is to cook the sausage and vegetables in a large skillet over medium heat. The onions and peppers in this casserole wont cook anymore once they are mixed into the the casserole so I like to get them nice and soft while I brown the sausage mixture.
After the veggies have cooked, add the spinach and let it wilt for just a few minutes. I also love the pretty colors in this casserole with the the red pepper and spinach!
Many breakfast casseroles use soaked bread for texture but I keep this breakfast casserole gluten-free by adding frozen hashbrowns. They make it hearty and give it a great consistency.
Also be sure to add a good teaspoon salt and pepper when you mix everything in a large bowl so this casserole is flavorful once its cooked.
Make it over the holidays or the next time you have a big group of people to feed on a busy morning!
Let’s Make A Casserole
Step 1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. You can use various sizes of baking dishes, but I use an 11 x 7 dish that makes a nice thick slice. Dont go any bigger than a 13 x 9 dish. Make sure to grease the bottom and sides.
Step 2. Chop the onion and set it aside. Heat a medium-sized skillet and cook the sausage over medium heat until browned. Use a spatula or a heavy spoon to break up the meat as you cook it.
Step 3. Once the sausage starts to brown add the onions and continue cooking the sausage until its brown and cooked through. When done drain any excess grease.
Step 4. In a mixing bowl add the eggs and whisk them until they are broken up. Chop the red pepper, and the parsley.
Step 5. Add the potatoes, cottage cheese and cheddar cheese, red pepper, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine.
Step 6. Mix the sausage and onion mixture into the egg mixture and stir until combined.
Step 7. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
Tip – You can cover and refrigerator at this point if you want to bake this for later. Add an extra 10 minutes if baking this after refrigeration.
Step 8. Bake the casserole uncovered for 50 minutes to one hour, until the top is browned. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Read Also: Egg Beaters Vs Egg Whites