Low Carb Breakfast Casserole
What to serve with breakfast casserole?
A breakfast casserole can be served on its own and is quite delicious and filling, depending on appetite. We enjoy a few dashes of hot sauce with ours, as I mentioned before. You could also serve this casserole with a salsa if you like.
Other options to serve with a breakfast casserole include, toasted bread, biscuits, fresh fruit, a grape salad, or a potato dish.
Can This Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole Be Made In Advance
This is the best part you can make this casserole ahead of time! In fact, I recommend it. You have two options:
- Bake ahead of time. Use this option if you plan on eating it over the course of a few days. You can bake this egg casserole and store it for weekly breakfasts or even freeze it.
- Dont bake it ahead of time. Use this option if you want to save yourself time in the morning for a big breakfast or holiday brunch. You can store the unbaked casserole for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
Basic Scrambled Egg Casserole Recipe
This is a go-to breakfast casserole in our house, but it is also an easy casserole to eat for any meal. There are only 6 simple ingredients, scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese, sausage, bread, milk, and salt. We use a simple 9×13 pan and simply enjoy eating this!
I asked my husband to describe this casserole. He said, Its like a sausage, egg and cheese sandwich without the bun. We had some nice little rolls, so I took my slice of casserole and made a sandwich! The rest of the family preferred to eat theirs without bread.
We had a little leftover casserole so I cut it into serving sized pieces, wrapped it in a paper towel and put in freezer bags in the freezer. This will make a great breakfast in the future.
You can add more eggs if youve got more people or hungry people to feed. Reduce the eggs and milk a little bit for a smaller portion. My son likes more eggs, less milk and the longer cook time to avoid the soggy egg texture.
Recommended Reading: The Big Green Egg Cover
How Do I Know When A Casserole Is Cooked All The Way Through
Youre going to want to make sure that the casserole is cooked thoroughly. You can use a knife to cut into the center of the casserole to make sure that there isnt any runniness. You can also shake the casserole dish slightly to ensure there isnt any jiggle.
When it comes to a delicious egg, sausage, and cheese recipe, you cant go wrong with this simple bake! Its fast, its flavorful, and its hearty! Fill up your plate and dig in!
How To Store And Reheat Leftover Breakfast Casserole With Bread
Store any leftovers wrapped in the baking dish or transfer them to an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to 3 days and reheat in a 350ºF oven or in the microwave until warmed through. This breakfast casserole can also be frozen for up to 2 months let it thaw in the refrigerator before reheating.
Don’t Miss: Green Eggs And Ham Book Online
Easy Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
In this easy tater tot breakfast casserole, you’ll find all of your favorite breakfast staples mixed together in savory, delectable layers! Tater tots are topped with bacon, breakfast sausage, eggs, and cheddar cheese to make a hearty casserole that no one can resist.
With just 5 minutes of prep time, this recipe is quick and easy to whip up on busy mornings, or when you are entertaining guests during the holidays! It is also great for meal prepping because the leftovers reheat beautifully.
How To Store Keto Sausage Egg And Cheese Casserole
The leftover keto sausage and egg casserole should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Make sure it is fully cooled before moving it to the container or wrapping it well with plastic wrap. The casserole will last for about 4 days when stored properly.
When ready to reheat, simply place the piece of casserole on a microwave-safe plate and reheat for about 30 seconds. If it needs a longer time, do a few seconds at a time to prevent overheating it. If the casserole is overheated, it will get tough and rubbery.
Read Also: Hard Boiled Eggs In Airfryer
How To Make It
Brown sausage in a skillet breaking up as it cooks. Next, add dried minced onion to the sausage as it browns.
Preheat oven to 350°F
Next, add 3/4 of the cooked breakfast sausage to the bottom of a casserole dish.
Top the sausage with 1/2 of the grated cheese.
Then, pour the egg mixture over the sausage and cheese.
In Pictures: How To Make Breakfast Casserole
First, place the pieces of bread in the bottom of a greased 9×13-inch or any 34-quart oven-safe dish. I usually use this glass pan or the pictured red ruffled baking dish, which comes in a set with other sizesdefinitely a splurge, but Ive found the quality to be excellent. Showing you the bread scattered in the pan as well as the optional potato substitution:
Set that aside and pre-cook your vegetables and meat . You can do this all in 1 big skillet on the stove, adding onion, garlic, and optional herbs like dried rosemary or your favorite seasoning blend. As thats sizzling on the stove, whisk the eggs, milk, and cheese together:
Now its time to assemble, and Ive made this process a lot easier over the years. Spoon all of the vegetables/meat mixture on top of the bread. Pour the egg mixture all over that:
Don’t Miss: Glow In The Dark Easter Eggs
Other Ways To Use Extra Eggs
A perfectly cooked over easy egg is the secret to my take on Korean Beef Bowls. As soon as you cut into it, that runny yolk covers the meat, veggies and rice creating a rich, flavorful sauce. It’s also the reason I can’t wait to try the Fried Egg BLT for our next sandwich supper. And there are a few pasta dinners that are perfect for a date night at home, like Pasta Carbonara, which is so easy, but tastes elegant and refined.
Eggs are one of those ingredients that will never go out of style. With over 100 ways to cook them, and countless dishes to use them in, there is a very good reason why they have stood the test of time and continue to be a favorite around the world.
How To Make Sausage And Egg Casserole
In a large skillet brown the ground sausage, be sure to break up the sausage so it is in small pieces. Once brown, drain the fat.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the half and half and eggs.
Mix in the salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, and 8 ounces of cheese. Set aside.
Add the cooked sausage to the egg mixture. Mix everything together until well incorporated.
Pour the egg and sausage mixture and cheese in the baking dish.
Cover the pan with foil and place in oven and bake for 25 minutes, remove foil and bake an additional 15-20 minutes, or until browned and the casserole is no longer soft in the middle. Check to make sure it is cooked completely by sticking a knife in the center of the casserole. If it comes out clean it is done cooking.
If you like yours more browned, you can place them under the broiler for 2-3 minutes .
Remove pan from oven and cool. Slice and enjoy!
Recommended Reading: How To Boil Egg In Microwave
Why This Recipe Works
Small Batch Most breakfast casserole recipes you find are rather large. My smaller batch is perfect for a family of 2-5 that isnt looking for a tremendous amount of food.
Quick Prep With only 10 minutes of hands on prep, this breakfast is ideal for a slower morning when you just want to sip on coffee and read the paper. Or maybe you are making this before Church or work and school and need to get ready? Either way I love that it doesnt take long to put together.
Leftovers If you happen to have leftovers you can easily reheat them the next few days after and the casserole will tastes just as good.
A Sausage & Egg Casserole That Works For Christmas Brunch Or Busy Mornings
I love a good casserole. Not tuna noodle casserole from the 90s. Trust me, Ive had my fair share of that growing up.
Casseroles are a budget-friendly way to prep breakfast in advance for the whole week or feed a crowd at a baby shower, holiday brunch, or Christmas breakfast.
This casserole recipe is versatile, working for both holiday mornings and a quick weekday breakfast. Thats one of the many reasons why I love this egg breakfast casserole.
Also Check: Dipping Sauces For Egg Rolls
Easy Sausage Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Breakfast casseroles have become a favorite around here, this Croissant Breakfast Casserole in particular! I love to make them at the beginning of the week so we have a quick, wholesome meal before we all jet off to our busy days. And breakfast casseroles are also perfect for company and holidays.
A breakfast bake, as some might call it, has it all. Eggs, sausage , vegetables, and cheese. Theyre even better when you add some sort of starch like croissants or biscuits. Its basically a breakfast plate but everything is all tied together into a warm and cozy casserole.
My Croissant Breakfast Casserole with Sausage is one of the easiest breakfast bakes youll find. You just need to find some tasty breakfast sausage , some vegetables, and pre-baked croissants. I bet you have everything else in your kitchen already! The ingredient list is very basic, the procedures are simple, and its ready in under an hour. What more could you ask for?
Angela’s Tips & Recipe Notes
- Add some sauteed onion! If you prefer onion in place of onion powder, use a splash of olive oil and sautee some white onion over medium-high heat, then add the sausage to the pan with the onion as it browns. Alternatively, dried minced onion can be added while you brown the sausage.
- Wait to add pepper! If pepper is desired, add it upon serving. Black pepper can turn eggs an unsavory grey color if added before they are cooked.
- Storing: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days, or freeze for up to 2 months.
- Reheating: Reheat individual slices in the microwave in 30-second increments until hot. To reheat the whole casserole, cover it with foil and place it in the oven at 350°F for about 20 minutes.
Read Also: Chicken Maple Butter & Egg Sandwich
What Youll Love About This Recipe:
- Easy to Make: Brown the sausage and potatoes, whisk the eggs and cheddar cheese, then bake this easy breakfast casserole for 30 minutes!
- Feeds a Crowd: Whether youre feeding a small family or entertaining friends or extended family members, a sausage breakfast casserole makes enough to serve many people on a budget.
- Meal-Prep Friendly: A good breakfast casserole is the perfect meal to make on the weekend, then cut and store in an airtight container and reheat throughout the week for a quick breakfast or lunch.
- Nutrient-Dense & Macro-Friendly: Made with protein-rich eggs and sausage, potatoes , and real cheese , along with spinach. This breakfast is a nutritional powerhouse!
Here Are The Endless Add
Also Check: Disadvantages Of Using Donor Eggs
How To Make Apple Coffee Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease an 8×8 inch pan. .
- Streusel topping: Combine all the streusel topping ingredients in a small bowl. Mix with a fork, or your fingers, until the mixture resembles crumbs. Set aside.
- Cake: In a large bowl beat together ¼ cup butter and ¾ cup brown sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg, sour cream, and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Stir flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Add to the butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Prepare apples and fold into the batter. Pour batter into prepared baking dish and smooth into an even layer.
- Cream cheese filling: Use electric mixers to mix together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Spread over the cake batter in the pan.
- Sprinkle streusel topping over the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Allow the cake to cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting and serving. That will give the cake and cream cheese layer some time to set up so that when you cut into the cake youll have those three gorgeous layers: apple cake, cream cheese filling and streusel topping.
Freezing Instructions: Allow the cake to cool completely. Cover tightly and freeze for up to 3 months. Allow to come to room temperature before serving.
Why We Love This Egg Sausage Casserole
A good sausage egg casserole is full of eggs and sausage and cheese. This sausage egg casserole has no bread which is why I love it. When I serve brunch I like to serve something sweet, like cinnamon rolls or French toast. When youre eating muffins, you dont need bread in your eggs.
An easy egg casserole full of delicious breakfast sausage is what you need for Sunday brunchor just a random Tuesday. We often make this on Sunday morning and then freeze slices for during the week. Even my picky eater loves this casserole!
Brunch is such a fun thing to host. Its great at any holiday and is always fun and full of great food. If youre looking for an easy brunch egg casserole, this is the one for you. Everyone loved it and its full of sausage and cheese and the perfect potluck meal.
I know a lot of egg casseroles are overnight egg casseroles, but you dont have to do this one overnight. You can cook your sausage the night before, if you want, but it whisks together in about 10 minutes and then goes straight into the oven. If I can make this on Christmas morning, believe me, its easy enough to make for your family for brunch.
We all know Im not cooking big breakfasts before 11ameven with a mimosa.
Cheesy Sausage Egg Casserole is an easy egg recipe full of cheese and sausage that comes together in minutes. Theres no bread in this recipe and everyone loves it!
Don’t Miss: How Many Calories Are In One Boiled Egg
How To Make Cinnamon Roll Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, egg and vanilla. Stir in melted butter. Pour mixture into prepared pan and smooth into an even layer.
- Make the cinnamon swirl topping by combing all ingredients together until smooth.
- Drop small spoonfuls of the mixture evenly over the top of the cake batter. Use a knife to swirl through the cake and disperse the mixture throughout the cake batter.
- Bake for 32-37 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Drizzle cream cheese frosting over warm cake.
Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole With Sausage Recipe
Warm up your weekend mornings with this easy tater tot breakfast casserole with sausage. Heres how to make it!
All images courtesy of Two Kids and a Coupon
Does this cold weather have you craving comfort food?
Whether youre looking for a hot and filling breakfast for a cold day, a hearty weekend breakfast recipe or a delicious option to take a a weekend brunch, this easy breakfast casserole is a tasty option that all ages can enjoy.
Its also perfect for breakfast for dinner on busy weeknights.
Recommended Reading: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Egg Noodles