How To Make Peanut Butter Eggs At Home This Easter Season
Here is how you can make your Easter peanut butter eggs at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed recipe.
Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card to see the detailed instructions.
Lets Talk Peanut Butter
I originally used natural chunky peanut butter for these pb eggs which worked just fine for me. BUT I am now recommending using Jif of Skippy brands. This is because natural peanut butter is so inconsistent. The oil separates and then we all stir it up a little differently. Whereas processed peanut butter just works, every time. Use chunky or smooth based on your preference.
These Peanut Butter Easter Eggs Are:
- super quick and easy to make
- deliciously thick and creamy
- made with crunchy peanut butter for added crunch
- coated in melted chocolate
- perfect for Easter!
How long will these peanut butter eggs last? These eggs can be kept in an airtight container layered between parchment or wax paper in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Can I freeze these peanut butter eggs? Yes! They also freeze well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and dont forget to tag me on and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. Id love to see!
Recommended Reading: Pic Of An Easter Egg
This Is The Best Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs Copycat Recipe
So since Easter is right around the corner I had to bring back my love of peanut butter and chocolate and share this Reeses egg copycat recipe. It is made with smooth peanut butter, sugar, butter, and is coated with melted chocolate for that extra luxurious finish.
The beauty of this recipe is that if you know your family loved chunky peanut butter, then make it with that. If you know they love sprinkles, then decorate your finished product with some sprinkles. The world is your oyster and I am just here to help you find joy through cooking and baking.
So have fun and dont forget to let me know in the comments how your peanut butter Easter chocolate eggs came out!
Making Peanut Butter Eggs Without Molds
No molds? No problem! Heres how you make them without molds:
Read Also: Chia Seed As An Egg Substitute
Homemade Peanut Butter Eggs
You dont have to wait for Reeses peanut butter eggs to hit store shelves each Easter make your own!With6 or 7 ingredients and a cookie cutter, youll have homemade creamy chocolate peanut butter eggs no specialty silicone molds, no baking. Can easily be made with other shapes for different holidays!
So we all agree that Reeses taste better when theyre in the shape of eggs, pumpkins and trees, yes? Theres something about the ratio of peanut butter filling to chocolate that is just superior in those shapes versus the original cups.
The original Reeses are made with milk chocolate, and I personally prefer darker chocolate. I know theyve made them, but I never manage to find them anywhere! So I decided that it would be worth the effort to just make my own.
And no one else is saying it, so Im just gonna say it these are basically just buckeye balls in a different shape. Doesnt matter I love peanut butter coated in chocolate in every form.
How To Shape Peanut Butter Egg Candiesits Easy
Youre essentially making a very thick peanut butter filling and molding it into flat egg-like shapes. Each Easter egg candy is 1.5 Tablespoons of filling. For consistency and ease, I recommend using a medium cookie scoop or digital scale to measure the filling for each. First, roll the filling into a ball. Flatten it between your palms so its about 3/4 inch thick, and then use your fingers to narrow one end to make an egg shape. Its easier than you think, and they certainly dont need to be perfect!
If youre having difficulty shaping the peanut butter eggs, here are some troubleshooting tips. If your filling is:
- Too Soft: If your butter was too soft or if the peanut butter youre using is too thin, the filling can get a little soft and sticky. The refrigerator can fix thatstop what youre doing and chill the bowl of filling for 15 minutes in the refrigerator before trying again.
- Too Crumbly: If the filling gets a little crumbly, keeping molding it and mashing it between your hands. The warmth of your hands can help bring it back together.
Read Also: Eggland’s Best Egg Bites
How To Make Homemade Peanut Butter Eggs
This is one of the easiest sweet recipes you can make.
The Best Peanut Butter Eggs
Easter is one of our familys favorite holiday. Since being a kid, I remember patiently waiting for the bunny basket, to enjoy some of the most delicious candies I can remember. And for me, the best reward was good homemade peanut butter eggs!
Till now, I remember how I would search the basked and look specifically for them. I adored them, and till now, they are my favorite treat to have. Not, only they are easy to make and flavorful, but they require a few simple ingredients which are also budget-friendly.
Theyre easy to make and the longest part of the entire process is letting them cool in the fridge prior to dipping them in chocolate. If you love peanut butter, then these eggs will become your favorite go-to sweets.
They are not too sweet, yet have the right balance of peanut butter and chocolate. Simply put, they are the best and most amazing sweets you can get! Once you bite into them, they will melt in your mouth.
Give them a try and you will be making them over and over again!
You May Like: The Egg And I Restaurants
How To Store Peanut Butter Eggs
I like to keep my peanut butter eggs stored between layers of parchment paper in a freezer safe container in the freezer. It only takes a couple minutes outside of the freezer to be ready to eat, and they can be stored in the freezer to up to 3 months.
You could also keep them stored the same way, but in the fridge instead for up to 2 weeks.
After youve made this recipe, please consider coming back to share your experience with others by leaving a comment below with a star rating!
Wrap Your Peanut Butter Fudge Eggs In Foil
If you watch the video, you will see how I wrap a chocolate egg in foil.
Read Also: Swing Egg Chair With Stand
Main Ingredients For Homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs:
- cream cheese-this is what makes the inside like a cheesecake. It provides creaminess
- peanut butter chips-adds extra flavor to the inside
- peanut butter-makes the peanut butter flavor
- powdered sugar-helps thicken the cheesecake mixture
- white chips-allows us to color the outside of the egg
- sweetened condensed milk-helps add flexibility to the melted white chips
How To Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Easter Eggs
FIRST STEP: Line a jelly roll or half sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
SECOND STEP: Using a hand mixer, beat together melted butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy. Beat in powdered sugar.
THIRD STEP: Press peanut butter mixture into sheet pan – spreading to about ½ thickness.
FOURTH STEP: Place sheet pan in the freezer for 15 minutes.
FIFTH STEP: Lift the parchment paper to remove the chilled peanut butter layer from the pan. Place a new sheet of parchment paper on the pan.
SIXTH STEP: Use a cookie cutter to cut out ½ thick Easter egg shapes from the chilled peanut butter layer.
SEVENTH STEP: Place cutouts on parchment lined sheet pan. Freeze for 30 minutes.
EIGHTH STEP: Scoop up remnant peanut butter mixture, repress to ½ thickness, and cut out additional shapes.
NINTH STEP: After cutouts have chilled for 25 minutes, prepare the chocolate coating.
TENTH STEP: Combine semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl. Dollop shortening over the top. Heat and stir in 30-second increments in the microwave until the chocolate is smooth and melted completely.
ELEVENTH STEP: Using a fork, lift one peanut butter cutout at a time and coat it completely with the melted chocolate. Tap excess chocolate off of the cutout and place it back onto the cookie sheet.
TWELFTH STEP: Work in batches if the peanut butter cutout becomes soft quickly.
THIRTEENTH STEP: Allow chocolate to harden.
FOURTEENTH STEP: Serve!
Also Check: Why Does My Bathroom Sink Smell Like Rotten Eggs
How To Store Your Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs
- Store at room temperature for up to 2 months. Theyll be fine to eat up to 4 months after they are made but will taste best if eaten within two months.
- If you dont wrap your chocolate peanut butter fudge eggs in foil, I recommend storing them in an airtight container, to keep them from getting dusty and to keep them fresh.
- I do NOT recommend refrigerating these peanut butter chocolate eggs as chocolate will pick up smells and condensation from the refrigerator.
- If you live in a hot climate and you have to refrigerate your chocolate eggs, be sure to seal them in an airtight container along with a piece of paper towel . When you are ready to serve the eggs, set the container on your counter for about an hour before opening it. This will help to eliminate any condensation.
If youd like to learn more about the art of making chocolate, be sure to check out my online video chocolate-making classes at The Sugar Academy.
How To Make Peanut Butter Eggs For Easter
Here is a visual guide to making your own Peanut Butter Easter Eggs. Don’t worry they are easy. You’ve got this! Full printable recipe card below.
First, mix the very simple four ingredient dough, that serves as the peanut butter filling for the eggs.
Shape the peanut butter mixture into ten peanut eggs and place on parchment paper or waxed paper.
Melt chocolate and dip the peanut butter eggs into the chocolate until fully covered. Lift out the coated peanut butter Easter eggs and allow the excess chocolate to drip off. Then place each back on the parchment paper to set.
You May Like: Eggs Sausage Hash Brown Casserole
Helpful Tips For Making Peanut Butter Eggs For Easter:
- how to mold the egg
- I did not make my 2 eggs very even. I just tried my best to shape them like half an egg with a spatula and knife.
Make Your Chocolate Eggs Using A Plastic Candy Mold Or A Silicone Mold
If your plastic egg mold is completely flat , you can use the pour and dump method listed above for the polycarbonate molds.
Don’t Miss: Recipe Of Boiled Egg Sandwich
Sweeten Your Sunday With These Healthy Easter Eggs
Give traditional Easter candy a nutritious twist with these Healthy Peanut Butter Easter eggs. All you need is a handful of whole food ingredients no baking required! Whether youre whipping up this recipe for your little ones or looking for an adult-approved indulgent dessert, this sweet and savory recipe will be loved by all. As you can see, its totally possible to satisfy your sweet tooth without the added guilt. So, say goodbye to sugar-filled Easter candy theres a new and improved Easter recipe in town!
For more delicious recipes sign up for FitOn PRO and get access to personalized meal plans, including foods youll love to eat!
How To Shape Peanut Butter Eggs
I like to treat the peanut butter dough like sugar cookie dough, and cut out the egg shapes with a simple egg-shaped cookie cutter! Easy peasy.
If you need to, transfer your egg cutouts to another parchment lined sheet pan while you re-press and freeze any of the remnant peanut butter dough to use up the rest of the dough. You could also just shape the leftover dough into small egg shapes with your hands!
If you dont have a cookie cutter, you can also shape them by hand roll about 2 tablespoons of dough into a ball, then flatten it out a bit and lightly press one end into a point. If the dough gets too warm between your hands, stick it back in the freezer to firm back up.
Also Check: Where Is The Golden Egg In Angry Birds
Why Youll Love This Recipe
- You only need three ingredients to make Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs Copycat: peanut butter, powdered sugar, and chocolate! And you might already have everything already in your pantry.
- The peanut butter/powdered sugar mixture is easy to mix up with your hands, no food processor needed.
- You can easily use your hands to shape the peanut butter mixture into eggs. You dont need to use a mold or roll it out and stamp it out with cookie cutters.
- Use chocolate melting wafers instead of chocolate if you dont want to temper the chocolate.
Overview Of How To Make Peanut Butter Fudge Easter Eggs:
- peanut butter inside-melt chips and add remaining cheesecake ingredients. Freeze in the shape of a ball until set.
- colorful outside-melt chips and sweetened condensed milk, and separate out into small bowls. Add food coloring to bowls to color the melted chip mixture. Mold the food coloring white chip mixture over the frozen egg of peanut butter cheesecake. Let set for about an hour in the freezer. Serve in slices.
Don’t Miss: How Much Money To Donate Eggs
Peanut Butter Easter Eggs Ingredients
-Butter: You will need 1/2 cup softened butter to create this buttery and soft treat.
-Sugar: Using 3/4 cup brown sugar will help make these eggs perfectly sweet.
-Peanut Butter: The base of this delicious recipe is 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter.
-Flour: Adding in 3/4 cup all-purpose flour will give these eggs great texture.
-Vanilla extract: You need 1/2 tsp vanilla extract to help enhance the combination of flavors perfectly.
-Salt: Use 1/4 tsp salt for an added balance of salty to this sweet treat.
-Chocolate: You will need 1/4 cup mini Reeses Pieces or mini chocolate chips, whatever you have on hand or prefer will work great.
-Melting chocolate: For the outer coating, you will need 2 cups white and dark melting chocolate .
-Sprinkles: For the added decoration, choose your favorite color or a festive Easter themed sprinkles. I like to use a spring color mix in pastel colors.
*This recipe Yields 16-18 three inch eggs.