Tips For Making The Best Gluten
- Dont skip the step to soften the butter. Take the butter out of the refrigerator and allow it to soften on the counter for 15-30 minutes. If you are using dairy-free or vegan butter you should not need to soften it.
- I always use a greased cookie scoop. I use a 1 Â½ tablespoon cookie scoop.
- I also like to use Reynolds Kitchens Cookie Baking Sheets. It has a smart grid that makes it super easy to line up your cookies on your baking sheet. I buy it at Walmart.
- If you want your chocolate chip cookies to be gooey, the trick is to not over-bake them .
- If you want your cookies to be more fluffy, chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes.
Expert Tips For Success
- Measure your flour correctly. Too much flour in this recipe can make your dough dry and crumbly and you will have a hard time rolling it out. Please read my article about how to measure flour correctly.
- Always make sure that your butter is slightly softened before starting, NOT melted or TOO soft. To make sure your butter is at the ideal softness, lightly press your finger into it. If it leaves a shallow indent, your butter is at the perfect temperature. If your finger sinks into the butter with barely any effort, your butter is too soft. Refrigerate it until it has firmed up and then test it again. Soft butter will blend better and easier with the sugar.
- Dont skip chilling the cookie dough. This step is VERY important for the cookies to turn out properly. If the dough is not chilled, your cookies will be hard to roll out and if you do somehow manage to roll and cut them out, they will spread while baking and not hold their shapes.
- If youre using smaller cookie cutters, those cookies will require less baking time than larger cookies. Keep similar sized cookies on the same baking sheets so they can be pulled out at the same time.
- Make sure to fully cool the cookies before decorating. If you dont, the icing will warm up, run everywhere, and have a hard time setting.
- Follow the recipe exactly as its written for the very best results.
Read Also: Is There Wheat In Bud Light
Pro Tip For Measuring Gluten
I have found the best way to measure gluten-free flour is the spoon & level method. I use a spoon to scoop the flour into the measuring cup. Then I use the back of a knife to level off the top of the measuring cup.
Please do not scoop the flour out of the bag with your measuring cup. If you do, you could end up with more flour than is called for in the recipe because the flour often gets compacted in the bags.
Also Check: Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls Tgi Fridays
What Gluten Free Flour Do You Use
Ive used my rice free, wholegrain gluten free flour blend in this recipe. I created it because I was dissatisfied with the gluten free flour blends on the market.
My flour blend works in every recipe and doesnt need special ingredients to make it work. Whats more, it doesnt contain xanthan gum which many people find hard to tolerate. So if youre looking for gluten free chocolate chip cookies without xanthan gum then this is the recipe for you. And indeed the flour blend for you.
Ive written an article explaining what a gluten free flour blend is for those of you who are unsure.
I highly recommend that you read it if you have trouble with gluten free baking. It will save you from making any more mistakes and wasting expensive ingredients.
Vegan Cinnamon Roll Frosting Options
1. Melted Coconut Butter add sweetener of choice if desired.
2. Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting: combine 8 oz store bought or homemade Vegan Cream Cheese with 4 oz plant based butter, 2 cups powdered sugar, and 1 tsp pure vanilla extract. Slowly add a little milk of choice to thin if needed.
3. Easy Glaze Icing: mix 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar or sugar free powdered sugar with 2-4 tbsp milk of choice. Whisk ingredients together to form a glaze. Using a spoon, drizzle the sticky glaze evenly over the rolls.
4. For a less sweet version, feel free to leave them unfrosted, and the healthy cinnamon rolls will have a sweetness similar to a muffin, great for a healthy breakfast. The unfrosted version is especially good if you add raisins and walnuts to the filling.
5. And if you are feeling adventurous, you can turn them into Cookie Dough Cinnamon Rolls by filling the vegan cinnamon buns with Chickpea Cookie Dough Dip.
Above, watch the step-by-step vegan cinnamon roll recipe video
You May Like: Rotten Egg Smell In Well Water
Gluten Free Cookie Recipe
This post contains Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This one is for you Simonto prove that you dont have to stop enjoying biscuits when you stop eating gluten!
I created this recipe because I wanted a chewy, soft cookie recipe.
So many gluten free biscuits are dry and crumbly. These most certainly arent.
It is a fantastic recipe for kids parties and always features when Im making gluten and dairy free party food. And given they can be made in under 20 minutes its perfect if you suddenly have visitors too.
With just four base ingredients Im certain youll have the ingredients.
The best thing about the recipe is its versatility. The dough can be used for any type of cookie you fancy. Chewy gluten free chocolate chip cookies? No problem, add chocolate chips.
You can add fillings or keep them plain and simple. The choice is yours.
We personally rather like M& Ms, or a mixture of chopped toffees and dark chocolate chips.
If you cant eat dairy then add dairy-free chocolate chunks or Skittles.
Or if you want to make a Christmas gluten free cookie then add dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.
The options are endless.
How To Make The Absolute Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Without Eggs
Read Also: Hard Boiling An Egg In The Microwave
My Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
This easy gluten free vegan chocolate chip cookies recipe makes 12 good-sized cookies, or you could make smaller ones if you like.
If you choose to make smaller cookies, make sure you adjust the cooking times accordingly otherwise they will be over-baked.
If you make this recipe and love it, please do let me know by or using #theglutenfreeblogger. I love seeing your bakes!
And if you loved it, please do leave a review to let others know you loved it too! It would mean the world to me.
What Do You Need To Make Gluten Free Sugar Cookie Dough
To make gluten free drop sugar cookie dough you’ll need:
- Butter- You can use dairy-free/vegan butter or palm shortening, or you can use softened dairy butter.
- White Sugar- I haven’t tried many granulated sugar substitutes but I suspect they’ll work fine.
- Eggs- You can use regular chicken eggs, or an egg substitute. Bob’s Red Mill’s Egg Replacer is my favorite, but it should also work with Ener-G or a flax egg.
- Baking Soda- Helps your cookies to spread.
- Xanthan gum- Replace the structure that gluten gives traditional cookie. If you are using a gluten-free flour blend that already has xanthan gum, go ahead and omit the xanthan gum the recipe calls for.
- Vanilla extract- For flavor! You can also use lemon extract, almond extract, or any extract your heart desires for a different flavor twist.
- Gluten Free Flour- I use my own gluten free flour blend, but another blend may work well.IF you are substituting a different gluten-free four, please read the section down below with essential tips for swapping gluten-free flours, they don’t all work the same
To mix the dough, first you’ll need butter and sugar.
Cream them together until fluffy and then beat in the egg.
Next, add the baking soda, xanthan gum, and vanilla and mix until combined.
I add these ingredients before the gluten free flour to ensure they get evenly distributed.
Last but not least, add the gluten free flour.
Here come the sparkles!
Or you can be super lazy, like I normally am.
Don’t Miss: Healthiest Way To Eat Egg
How Do You Make Easy Gluten Free Drop Sugar Cookies
I’m famous for my gluten free sugar cookies.
They are cakey and lightly sweet
These super easy, chewy cookies are like my frosted sugar cookies sparkly cousin.
They have all of the same ingredients, but the ratios have changed slightly so that your gluten free drop sugar cookies will gently spread in the oven into chewy, sparkly rounds.
- More sugar to butter equals a chewy gluten free drop sugar cookie with crisp edges.
- Less flour equals an easy gluten free drop sugar cookie that will spread on its own
Perfect with a glass of milk, or get fancy and add some frosting on top.
Where Can I Buy Vegan Chocolate
As mentioned above, you can find vegan chocolate chips at many regular grocery stores. Other good places to look include Whole Foods, local health food stores, Amazon, or iHerb.
Sometimes online stores will offer a lower price. If nothing else, you can always chop up a chocolate bar to make your own chocolate chips!
There are too many vegan chocolate bar options to list them all here, but some of my favorite fair-trade options include Theo, Pacari, Taza, Loving Earth, and Endangered Species brands. And there are so many more.
Trending Now: Overnight Oats 15 NEW Recipes
Don’t Miss: Big Green Egg Modular Table
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Super festive! Once mini eggs hit the shelves, you know it’s almost Easter. Although it seems that I’m seeing them in stores earlier and earlier each year… I saw them out in January this year! Guess that just means you have more time to make these cookies.
- Bakery quality. These large cookies are thick and packed with chocolate chunks. This makes them super chewy and soft, just like they came from a local bakery.
- Quick and easy to make. Mixing the dough together takes just a few minutes in one bowl! Then 45 minutes of chill time, and they bake. You could have delicious mini egg cookies in just about 1 hour.
- Easily allergy-friendly. These cookies can be made gluten-free and nut-free with a substitution of the almond flour.
Gf & Df Vegetarian Mains
Plant forward, protein packed and always delicious this collection of recipes features mains that are gluten free, dairy free and meat-free!
Made all in one pot, packed full of healthy ingredient and cooks up in under 30 minutes. | Grain Free + Dairy Free + Vegan
Pan fried potatoes and broccoli with sautÃ©ed onion, garlic, ginger and chili generously seasoned with a few aromatic spices and stewed tomatoes.
Also Check: Gluten Free Angel Food Cake
Recommended Reading: Papa John’s Egg Harbor Township
How To Make Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Find the complete recipe with measurements in the recipe card below.
Beat the softened butter and brown sugar together until you have a creamy and fluffy mixture. Add the vanilla and milk, and continue to mix. Lastly, slowly mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt until just combined.
Fold the chocolate chips into the dough and youâre done!
Roll 1 to 2 tablespoons worth of dough in your hands at a time to form the cookie dough balls. Place them on the prepared baking pans, then bake until the cookie edges are just starting to brown. Itâs ok if they feel too soft at first! Theyâll firm up as they cool.
Sprinkle with coarse sea salt, if desired. Leave the cookies to cool completely on a wire rack, then dig in and enjoy!
How Do You Make Cookies With Coconut Flour
It took many batches, varying the ingredients and proportions each time, but I think that I have created a darn good coconut flour cookie recipe.
They are gluten-free grain-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free, and egg free.
To make these grain free coconut flour cookies youll need:
- Vanilla Extract
I think almost anyone can eat them!
They do have coconut flour and a little bit of almond flour too. Coconut flour needs a lot of moisture, so I used honey to sweeten these cookies.
Recommended Reading: Air Fryer Soft Boiled Eggs
Add A Tablespoon Of Milk
The next trick for this gluten-free cookie recipe is to add a tablespoon of milk. This helps to compensate for the liquid that evaporates from the butter during the browning process. It also helps the cookies get a golden color and prevents grittiness.
Gluten-free flour needs a little extra liquid for best results so you dont have chalky cookies.
How To Freeze Peanut Butter Cookies
- To freeze peanut butter cookies, let the cookies cool completely and store them in a freezer safe container with parchment paper between the layer of cookies. Cookies will keep for up to 2 months. Let thaw in the fridge or on the counter.
- To freeze peanut butter cookie dough, roll the dough into balls as directed, place the balls on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer until solid. Place frozen dough balls in a freezer bag or freezer safe container for up to 2 months. When ready to bake, no thawing needed, simply place the frozen dough on a lined baking sheet and bake for 2 4 minutes longer than recipe time.
If you try this peanut butter cookie recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.
- Yield:Makes 20 24 1x
- Category:Dessert, Cookie
Don’t Miss: What Is Just Egg Made Out Of
What Do You Use Instead Of Butter To Make Gluten Free Drop Sugar Cookies Vegan
Instead of the butter, use your favorite vegan butter or palm shortening.
I’ve found best results when I use half vegan butter and half palm shorting .
The reason I like using half vegan butter and half palm shortening is that sometimes vegan butter can make the cookies have a “fake butter” taste.
The vegan butter can also melt too quickly, resulting in oily cookies.
The palm shortening melts slower, helping the cookie to spread not to much and not too little, but just the right amount.
The palm shortening is also unflavored, and when combined with the vegan butter I feel like I get the perfect taste.
+ Gluten Free Dairy Free Cookie Recipes
Cookies are one of the best desserts known to man. Individual, handheld and deliciousbasically a trifecta. But, what do you do when you cant have gluten or dairy? Never fear! I have 21 gluten-free dairy-free cookie recipes that are still scrumptious! All of these recipes would work great as a holiday cookie, or just any weekend baking project during any time of the year. Find your favorite kindwith everything from classic chocolate chip and sugar cookies to more specialty types like chocolate orange and cherry chocolate cookies. Weve got them all covered. I listed my tried and true, popular recipes all in one spot for your inner Cookie Monster.
This post contains affiliate links.
Also Check: Early Pregnancy Egg White Discharge
What Equipment Do You Need To Make These Chewy Cookies
I use my trusty Sage mixer for almost all my baking. It makes mixing, beating and whipping ingredients so easy. I make cookie dough like this in it along with cake mixture, bread dough and almost everything else.
Before I had it I used a hand held mixer much like this one. However, if you do a lot of baking investing in a good mixer is so worth while.
Then you need a couple of baking trays to bake the cookies on. These ones get good views and with three different sizes youll have the perfect size for any cooking or baking you do.
Finally I find it really useful to line my baking tray with re-usable liners. You can cut them to size and then keep them with the trays. It makes washing up so much easier and the cookies wont get stuck to the tray.
What Dairy Free Butter Should I Use In These Cookies
We love using the Country Crock Plant Butter with avocado oil or olive oil for our baking. The plant butter sticks dont have soy in the ingredients but the tubs do have soybean oil in them. Also they have an almond oil plant butter, so if you have tree nut allergies double check the labels.
If you plan on using a different brand of dairy free butter, just remember that every dairy free butter acts a bit differently in baked goods and your cookies might spread more.
For example, Earth Balance Soy Free is more liquid at room temperature than the Country Crock Plant Butter Sticks. So the cookies may spread too much if you use that butter .
The sticks do have a warning of may contain soy, so if you have severe soy allergies you can use something like the Earth Balance Soy Free which is also a great option.
You May Like: Can Dogs Eat Eggs Cooked