How To Cook Eggs For Deviled Eggs
Heres a sure-fire way to have the perfect hard-boiled eggs.
Can Bacon Deviled Eggs Be Made Ahead Of Time
Absolutely they can!
The eggs can be boiled up to 5 days in advance. Then 2 days before you want to serve them you can finish prepping. Make the filling and keep it in a covered container in your fridge. Put the egg whites on a plate and cover them tightly. Then all you have to do it quickly fill the egg whites and garnish them before serving.
Why These Bacon Deviled Eggs Are Worth Making
- The recipe is super easy.
- You can prepare them ahead of time. See directions below.
- Deviled eggs pair well with grilled meats, making them a tasty BBQ side dish.
- Theyre great for a potluck, picnic or tailgate party.
- You can serve them as a tasty appetizer.
- Classic deviled eggs plus crunchy bacon equals an unbeatable combination!
Recommended Reading: Why Are There No Eggs At Walmart 2022
Tips For Perfect Deviled Eggs
- The most crucial component to perfect deviled eggs is to have perfectly boiled eggs to start with. I use this technique from the Pioneer Woman and its always worked great! Also, I cook a few more eggs than necessary so if I have any issues with peeling, Ive got some backups.
- The easiest way to fill a deviled egg is with a pastry bag. I use a disposable pastry bag with a large star tip for perfect looking egg filling.
- If you dont have a pastry bag, simply use a gallon sized plastic bag with one corner snipped off as a makeshift pastry bag.
- For the best deviled egg filling, use a food processor to puree everything to a silky smooth consistency.
How Do You Boil Eggs So They Peel Easily
There are a few ways to make easy to peel hard boiled eggs
Recommended Reading: Can Eggs Cause High Cholesterol
Keto Deviled Eggs With Bacon Cheddar + Chives
Cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, fresh chives, and a zap of smoked paprika these keto deviled eggs are perfect for snacks, apps + lunches!
Make Perfect Easy To Peel Hard Boiled Eggs Here
Once you have your perfect hard-boiled eggs, mix your yolks with mustard and mayonnaise. This past year Ive discovered Better Body mayonnaise and I love it so much, I have it delivered on a subscription basis from Amazon. It is made with avocado oil, not canola or other unhealthy oils.
When youre ready to make them, decide if you want to cut them across or long ways. I like them both ways.
I think mustard is important to the mayonnaise mixture. You can add in a little dill if you love dill, and season well with salt and pepper. I like to top my eggs with a sharp shredded cheddar and crunchy bacon.
You cannot believe how much bacon adds to the bite of a good deviled egg. I like to garnish with a little color and thats where chives, or scallions come in. If you are taking these to a party, Id probably use chives. If you have fresh chives, all the better.
Also Check: What Are The Requirements To Donate Eggs
Bacon Cheddar Deviled Eggs
These Bacon Cheddar Deviled Eggs, made with crisp bacon and sharp cheddar cheese, are a great party appetizer for the holidays or anytime.
This post has been updated from it’s original, published on January 3, 2013, with new photos and text. The recipe itself remains unchanged.
My husband, daughter, and I used go to my friend Sue’s house every New Year’s Eve for a party. I always brought some kind of dish. One summer we had a cookout and Sue brought me deviled eggs. She knows my husband doesn’t like them and for some reason thinks it’s funny. Anyway, her deviled egg tray ended up in my cabinet for months, and I said I would bring it back filled. Since it was New Year’s I wanted to make something a bit fancier than just basic deviled eggs, and decided on deviled eggs with bacon. Everyone loved them, and since then I make them often for Easter and cookouts as well as New Year’s Eve.
Tips For Presenting The Best Deviled Egg Recipe
Deviled eggs are slippery. I salt the bottom of the serving dish or deviled egg plate and paper towel off any moisture on the egg white. The salt helps to add a little extra flavor. Use a piping bag to fill each egg, which makes it much easier.
Garnish with cheese and bacon, chives or scallions right serving.
Also Check: Early Pregnancy Egg White Discharge
Tips For Peeling Hard
For a beautiful deviled egg platter, you want the peeled egg white to come out clean and smooth. Generally, older eggs are the easiest to peel. If using farm fresh eggs, use the instant pot boiled eggs method to cook eggs for easier peeling. Follow these tips for peeling hard-boiled eggs to prevent the shell from sticking:
- Chill boiled eggs in an ice bath right after they are cooked
- Roll the egg on the counter to crack the shell all around then soak in a bowl of water for a minute. The water gets under the shell and makes it easier to peel.
- Start peeling the egg from the wide end of the egg where the air pocket is to get under the membrane.
- If you get a stubborn egg, peel while submerged in a bowl of water or under running water
How To Make Them
How long do deviled eggs keep?
These keto deviled eggs are best served right after assembling, but you can make the filling ahead of time. Keep the filling in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 day, maybe 2, and pipe soon before serving. Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container for a couple days.
Can I leave off the bacon?
Absolutely! I love the added little crunch, saltiness, and smokiness the bacon provides, but you wont be missing out if you leave it off.
Recommended Reading: Can Diabetics Eat Eggs And Cheese
When To Serve Them
Make these delicious deviled eggs with bacon and horseradish for your next appetizer party or holiday meal.
- Ive included these in our Easter entertaining guide as they fit the theme perfectly.
- Theyre nice and hearty for a game day party too.
I discovered these delicious deviled eggs with bacon many years ago in the book Special Occasions by John Hadamuscin. This recipe has horseradish and vinegar in it which gives them a tangy kick. Melted butter and bacon make them rich and indulgent!
I think deviled eggs were the very first thing I ever cooked when I was a little girl. I saw it on a childrens cooking segment when I was about 7 or 8 years old and thought, I can do that! Of course that was very basic with mayonnaise, mustard, pickle relish, and not much else to jazz it up.
This recipe is truly the best incarnation of deviled eggs Ive ever had, and theyre always one of the first things to disappear. Go ahead and try it. Your friends & family will thank you!
If you liked this post, please pin it and share with others, or leave me a sweet comment below. Dont forget to follow me on and , too. Cheers!
How To Fill Deviled Eggs With Bacon
Sometimes the filling for deviled eggs can be piped into the egg white. But because of the bacon, cheese, and onions in this recipe, it is best to spoon the filling. I find that it is easiest to use a small spoon for this job.
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL’S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
You May Like: How To Make Pickeled Eggs
How To Cook Hard Boiled Eggs
Have you ever had a bad batch of hard-boiled eggs that just wouldnt peel properly? Thankfully, theres a simple secret to making perfect hard cooked eggs.
Use the steam cooking method, and we promise youll never have overcooked, undercooked, rubbery eggs or those dreadful greenish rings on the yolks.
You dont need to use old eggs, a tip we never liked because the cooked eggs were often mis-shapen. Forget pricking the ends or adding vinegar to the water. Our method is so easy! Simply cook your eggs in hot steam for a perfect result.
Begin with nice, fresh eggs which will give you the perfectly shaped whites that make deviled eggs looks so appealing. Youll need a large saucepan that can accommodate a steamer basket or insert.
You can also make hard boiled eggs in an Instant Pot.
How To Make Avocado Stuffed Eggs:
1. Peel eggs and cut them in half lengthwise. Remove egg yolks from halved eggs and place 3 yolks in a small bowl discard the rest.
2. Add ripe avocado, lime juice , and chopped cilantro.
3. Add 1/4 tsp onion powder and about 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper.
4. Press in 1 garlic clove and mash everything together with a potato masher or a fork. Add about 1/8 tsp salt .
5. Pipe the avocado mixture into the eggs in whatever design your heart desires. I used a large star tip. You can even do a simple, smooth design with a ziploc bag, or just spoon it into the eggs.
You May Like: How To Cook Eggs Sunny-side Up
Can I Freeze Deviled Eggs
Technically hard-boiled eggs and deviled eggs can be frozen, however they wont taste good! When frozen and thawed, egg whites release water causing them to become tough and rubbery. And, the creamy yolk mixture will separate upon freezing due to the mayonnaise.
However, plain egg yolks freeze exceptionally well. If you would like to boil the eggs and freeze the yolks by themselves, you can certainly do that! Make sure you store the yolks in a freezer-safe airtight bag or storage container.
By Step Directions With Photos
Youll need 8 hard-cooked eggs for 16 deviled eggs, but you can easily increase the quantities to feed as many people as you like.
We like to cut our eggs in half crosswise for deviled eggs. The egg is a little easier to pick up and eat, and the flat bottoms mean that they dont slide around on the tray. Heres how we do it:
Cut the rounded little ends off the egg like this.
Next, cut the egg in half crosswise where the egg is widest. This will ensure that the little scoop created when you remove the egg yolk is roughly the same for all the eggs. If the egg halves arent exactly even, thats okay!
The eggs will look like this when youre done:
Pop out the yolks in a bowl to make the filling. Sometimes when you do this, youll discover a little hole in the bottom of the egg. No problem! You can just pop one of the egg end pieces over the little hole and no one will even notice once its filled.
Mash the egg yolks with the mayonnaise and seasonings. Our recipe calls for just a dash of curry powder, which gives the eggs a complex flavor youll love!
Spoon the yolk mixture filling into the egg halves.
Garnish generously with crumbled bacon. We crumbled some of the bacon in small pieces and left some of it in larger pieces.
Don’t Miss: Protein Content Of An Egg
How Are These Deviled Eggs Keto
These perfect deviled eggs are Whole30 and paleo simply because of the ingredients in the recipe. However, keto is a little more complicated! Heres what makes them keto:
- There are 1g net carbs per 2 halves. Hoorah!
- There are 14g fat. Theyre basically little fat bombs!
- There are 6g protein. They make a great breakfast 4 deviled egg halves would total 12g protein, or about 10-15% of your daily total protein intake.
Can I Make Deviled Eggs In Advance
This bacon deviled eggs recipe is the perfect make-ahead snack or appetizer! There are a few different ways you can prepare them in advance, depending upon how long you would like to keep them.
- One week ahead: You can boil your eggs up to a week in advance! Store the eggs in a large resealable bag in the refrigerator until you are ready to make the filling.
- Three days in advance: Halve the eggs and separate the yolks from the whites. Prepare the creamy bacon filling mixture. Place the egg white on your serving dish and cover the dish tightly with plastic wrap. Transfer the filling to an airtight container. Store each in the refrigerator until ready to assemble and serve.
- One day in advance: Prepare the deviled eggs, but hold off on garnishing them until just before serving. Cover the eggs and refrigerate until serving.
Also Check: Are Deviled Eggs Keto Friendly
Easy Deviled Eggs Recipe With Bacon
Can I tell you a secret? Ive actually never made deviled eggs before. Dont get me wrong. Ive eaten my fair share growing up at parties my parents had or holiday events, but Ive never actually made one. I guess I kinda put them in the same category as twice baked potatoes aka they were too much work.
Well, I was sorely mistaken. They are super easy to make, as in they are done in like 30 minutes!
Because it was my maiden voyage on deviled eggs, I wanted to keep it simple with a classic version and then add a slight twist with crunchy bacon. After all, bacon makes everything better, right!?
Best Ever Deviled Eggs With Bacon
Here is what you need:
Step 1: Place eggs in a pot cover with water. Bring water to a rolling boil and boil for 9 minutes.
Step 2: Run cold water over eggs until cool enough to touch drain water from the pot. Shake pot with the lid on to vigorously to crush the eggshells.
Step 3: Peel eggs under running water dab dry with paper towel.
Step 4: Cut eggs in half lengthwise gently scoop yellow yolks into a medium-size bowl.
Step 5: Mix in mayonnaise, mustards, and spices. Mash well with fork.
Step 6: Spoon mixture into a quart size ziplock bag. Cut a small hole in the corner and squeeze out the mixture into egg white halves.
Step 7: Sprinkle with paprika or cayenne pepper and add bacon to the top.
Instant Pot recipe update: Place the steamer trivet into the pot, add 1 cup of water into the bottom of the pot, then place your eggs on the trivet. Use the egg button, or set for 5 minutes on highmake sure the vent valve is on the sealing position. Once time is up, wait 5 minutes then do a quick release, . Remove eggs from instant pot and place them in an ice bath. When eggs are cool, peel.
Recommended Reading: How Much Protien Is In An Egg