How To Cook Air Fryer Hard
Follow these steps:
Why Do My Air Fryer Eggs Have Brown Spots
You may notice that the outer shell of the eggs have brown spots on them after cooking. If this happens, it’s more than likely because the heating element wasn’t cleaned adequately before making the eggs, and those brown spots are a result of the air fryer still being a little dirty.
However, don’t let those brown spots bother you. You’re peeling the shell so that part is not going to be consumed.
Keto Egg Salad With Bacon
| This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Keep this Keto Egg Salad with bacon recipe in your back pocket, because its healthy, super tasty and SO easy to make! Its totally perfect for a quick lunch, for your weekly meal prep, or to bring to a picnic.
Read Also: How Many Calories In 3 Boiled Eggs
Use This Information To Guide Your Cooking
This is super important! Both the size and power of your air fryer AND the size of the food can make the cook times vary slightly. So use the temperatures and times on the sheet as a guide or rule of thumb only, and make adjustments as needed.
Close to the end of cook time, peek into the air fryer and see if your food is getting close to done, beginning to brown too much, or if it needs more time. Adjust, always use a meat thermometer to double check for doneness, and keep it moving!
How Do You Make A Soft
The trick with making soft boiled eggs is to get the outside perfectly cooked while the inside stays partially raw.
You are going to have to experiment with the air fryer since every air fryer is slightly different. I would suggest with 1 egg that you try 250 degrees F, air fryer setting for 8 minutes, per the recipe card below.
Then see if you like your eggs more or less done, and then keep a log on your phone or a piece of paper so that you can get great soft-boiled eggs in your air fryer every single time.
Also Check: How Much Calories In One Egg
Meal Prep And Storage
- To Prep-Ahead: You can hard-boil eggs several days before you will use them. Cooked eggs will keep in the fridge.
- To Store: Unpeeled hard-boiled eggs can be stored in the fridge for up to 6-7 days. If they have been peeled, use within 4-5 days.
- To Freeze: It is not recommended to freeze hard-boiled eggs as the taste and texture will not be good once thawed.
How Does The Air Fryer Work
Cooking with Air Fryers has made it easier to eat healthier without submerging your foods in oil.
Air Fryers cook foods by using a heating element and a fan, and that circulating of heat and hot air is what helps cook the food and crisp it.
Air Fryers can cook with heat as high as 400° Fahrenheit/200° Celcius. Some air fryers may even cook to higher temps.
You May Like: Salad With Hard Boiled Eggs
Tools Needed For Air Fryer Boiled Eggs
You only need two things:
Air fryer: The most important thing for this recipe! Youll be making your boiled eggs in the air fryer, so its mandatory! I use the Ninja Foodi dual basket 6-in-1 air fryer. If you want a detailed review of it, check out my video here.
Mixing bowl: Youll want a large bowl to make your ice water bath in after youve boiled your eggs in the air fryer.
How To Boil Eggs In An Air Fryer
- For soft boiled eggs set timer for 11 to 12 minutes at 250°F.
- For medium boiled eggs set timer for 13 to 14 minutes at 250°F.
- For hard boiled eggs set timer 16 to 18 minutes at 250°F.
Plunge eggs into an ice bath for 5 minutes.
IMPORTANT NOTE: These eggs were tested in a Cosori XL 5.8QT Air Fryer with large eggs directly from the fridge. Different brands/sizes of air fryers can cook differently so be sure to test one or two eggs before cooking a whole batch of eggs to ensure theyre done to your liking.
Do the eggs crack open in the air fryer while cooking? I have cooked countless batches of eggs in the air fryer and only one egg has ever cracked open. The cracked egg leaked a little bit but didnt burst.
You May Like: Old Fashioned Chicken Salad With Eggs
Can I Cook Sausages In An Air Fryer
Yes, you can cook sausages in an air fryer. In fact, many people think that the air fryer is a great way to cook sausages. There are several reasons why you might want to try cooking sausages in an air fryer. First, the air fryer is a very versatile cooking appliance. It can be used for a variety of foods, including sausages. Second, the air fryer is very easy to use. You just need to follow some simple steps and you will be cooking your sausage in no time!
Cooking Eggs In The Air Fryer
The air fryer is my best friend in the kitchen. I have a special shelf in my pantry with an outlet to keep it plugged in and ready for use. Air frying has transformed so many recipes, such as air fryer baked potatoes, cookies, air fryer chicken wings, air fried bacon, hamburgers, and more!
Did you know that you can air fry eggs?!
Eggs are such a versatile food! I enjoy them fried, boiled, scrambled, or baked. Plus, they have many important health benefits. Eating eggs is a delicious way to get almost every nutrient needed by the human body, including choline, which is good for the brain.
There are several different ways to cook eggs in the air fryer. Ill egg-splain everything in this post.
You May Like: Cheesecake Factory Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
How To Make Poached Eggs In The Air Fryer
Poached eggs are cooked without the shell in simmering liquid, usually water. The perfect poached egg has a runny yolk and fully cooked whites.
- Add an ovenproof ramekin or small baking dish with 2-3 tablespoons of water into the air fryer, then preheat to 400ºF.
- Once hot, crack an egg into the ramekin.
- Cook in the air fryer at 350ºF for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the egg out of the dish and serve.
What Are The Best Air Fryers
Ive had 3 or 4 different air fryers or the past 5 years and each one of them has worked very well with the air fryer recipes on this site. If you want to be able to cook more food for your family at once then get an air fryer with a large basket such as 5.3 quarts. Look for ones that say nonstick on them and has multiple program settings.
Power XL Air Fryer 5.3 Quart Basket. This was my very first air fryer.
Our 5.3QT Power Air-Fryer comes in handy in preparing amazing meals from your cookbook, and frying a variety of dishes, such as: French fries, chicken, steak, roasts, fish tacos and sticks, waffle fries, pies, pudding and donuts.
Ninja Foodi Grill and Air Fryer This air fryer works very well too but the air fryer setting doesnt go below 300 degrees. If theres a recipe that calls for lower temperatures you have to use the bake setting. It air frys, roasts, grills, and dehydrates food.
Cosori 4 Qt Air Fryer This air fryer doesnt require any preheating and has several different functions for cooking chicken, meat, frozen foods, etc. There are 5 different functions.
Air fryer temperature settings vary according to brand and model. If your air fryer does not have the exact temperature setting called for in the recipe, consult your manual for suggested temperature settings.
You May Like: Egg Beaters Vs Egg Whites
Why Make This Recipe
- Simple to make, that kiddoes can make their own eggs for breakfast.
- They are fail-proof and always peel easily.
- These are the perfect way to start the day for the entire family.
- They are low in calories, gluten free and protein-packed.
- They are a zero WW Blue Plan SmartPoints breakfast.
So, are you ready to learn how to make hard boiled eggs in the air fryer? Then gather up those eggs and I will show you.
How To Make Hard Boiled Eggs In The Air Fryer
I always make Instant Pot hard boiled eggs, but sometimes I just need a couple eggs and its a hassle to take out my pressure cooker. Since I almost always have my air fryer out and theres really no waiting time, Ive discovered I can bake hard boiled eggs in my air fryer!
I will share my tried, tested, and true cook time for air fryer hard boiled eggs. But as a disclaimer, many factors can affect the cook time:
- Freshness of eggs
- Temperature of air fryer
- Time it takes to cool the eggs
It might require some eggs-perimenting to master air fryer hard boiled eggs. But once you do, you can make them just how you like every time! My advice is to start with the time I recommend and test/adjust it a few times to find your favorite cook time.
Dont stress if you get some duds in some batches. It happens here and there, even to me!
You May Like: Nutrition Facts Of An Egg
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs Using A Cosori Air Fryer
Before joining the air fryer train, I did some heavy research. After much debate, I happily ended up purchasing the Cosori Air Fryer Max XLwhich has a 5.8 quart basketand I love it.
This is not an ad for the appliance, rather sharing the model I use to make this recipe. Also keep in mind that different makes and models of air fryers may have variances in cooking times.
Air Fryer Soft Boiled Eggs
1. preheat air fryer for 5 mins at 275° f. place cold eggs directly into air fryer drawer from the fridge.
2. cook at desired time:my soft boiled eggs cooked for 7 minutesthe slightly jammy eggs cooked for 8 minutesthe harder yolks cooked for 9 minutes** again! all air fryers are different. ive seen other recipes that call for longer cook times with same results!
3. while the eggs are cooking, prep an ice bath a bowl of half cold water and half ice. as soon as eggs are done cooking, gently place in the ice bath for 10 minutes.
Recommended Reading: Gluten Free Wide Egg Noodles
Can You Poach Eggs In An Air Fryer
There are a few things you should keep in mind before making the decision. First, an air fryer can heat quickly so it may not be the best choice if you want to cook eggs for a long time. Second, an air fryer may not have enough space to hold all of your eggs so you may have to cool them first. Finally, some people say that cooking eggs in an air fryer can make them dry and tough.
Can I Put Aluminum Foil In My Air Fryer
Air fryers are a popular cooking appliance and many people think theyre great for healthy meals. However, some people are concerned about the potential health risks associated with using aluminum foil in their air fryers. Its important to be aware of the potential health risks before using aluminum foil in your air fryer and make sure to do your research first.
Also Check: Hanging Egg Chairs With Stand
Recipes With Hard Boiled Eggs
Alight, so now you have perfect hard boiled eggs, ready for eating. Sure they make for a great snack you can pop into your mouth, but check out these recipes that will also put your eggs to good use:
- Dilly Deviled Eggs with Smoked Salmon is one of my favorites ways to put my air fryer hard boiled eggs to good use.
- Soy Sauce Eggs are the perfect accompaniment to rice bowls, noodles, ramen, and also makes for a terrific side dish. For this recipe, jammy yolks really take the umami factor to the next level.
- TikTok Egg Boil is one of my most-viewed and loved recipes, and for good reason! If you are a fan of seafood boil sauce, then my egg boil recipe is for you. Jammy or hard-boiled eggs are ideal for swimming in a spicy sauce made of garlic, butter, chicken broth, and spices. This recipe makes for a tasty snack or light lunch.
- Jammy Egg and Zaatar Toast is a savory toast with all the right layers. Jammy Egg + Zaatar toast is simple to make, filling, and just what you need to fuel you through the morning. Hard boiled or jammy go well with this toast.
- Eggs with Soldiers is another reliable and easy breakfast, which calls for a soft boiled egg and toast. See photo below for reference.
What Is An Air Fryer
An air fryer is a small kitchen appliance that acts as a convection oven. The air circulates in a small space, leading to a crispy exterior and a warm interior. Thats why air frying is often used as a replacement for deep frying. The final product ends up being crispier than baking in the oven, and the cooking time is often cut in half or more! I have plenty of Air Fryer Recipes on the blog, and youll often see me make fries or chicken wings! They give you the delicious crispiness without the large quantity of oil and the mess that comes with deep frying!
In this case, well see if the circulation of air in the confined space will help boil your eggs faster than if you were to wait for water to boil over the stove and then actually boil the eggs, or for you to place the eggs in an Instant Pot and allow the pressure to rise then release.
Read Also: Calories For 1 Large Egg
Can I Put Aluminium Foil In An Air Fryer
When using an air fryer, you can use aluminium foil. Nevertheless, it all relies on the nature of air fryer you have and the food youre frying. Your air fryers owners handbook should be checked before using tin foil in your appliance.
An air fryer is a must-have kitchen gadget since it streamlines the process of preparing meals and makes it more enjoyable. Most of the other air fryers come with a user guide and instructions that make the results of cooking way simpler for you.
Tips For Making Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs In The Air Fryer Every Time
- Use an air fryer rack to prevent your eggs from cracking.
- Dont skip the ice bath! This will prevent your eggs from continuing to cook after youve removed them from the air fryer. If your eggs are still warm to the touch, leave them in the ice water until they are fully cooled.
- Cook for slightly longer if you want a stiffer yolk and a little less for jammy eggs or even soft boiled eggs.
- Use slightly older eggs for easy peeling. I like to use mine when theyre set to expire in a week to use them all up.
Also Check: How To Use Just Egg
Questions You May Have About Air Fried Boiled Eggs
What is the 5-5-5 Method and Does it work in the air fryer?
The 5-5-5 method is a trendy boiled eggs method that bloggers are raving about. The basic idea that for perfect boiled eggs in the Instant Pot, you need to Pressure Cook for 5 minutes, then let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes and finally let the eggs cool down in an ice water bath for 5 minutes.
I have tried it, I have debunked it, and it does not result in pleasing, creamy, boiled eggs. Check out the best way to use your Instant Pot for boiled eggs here.
Will the Eggs Explode in the air Fryer?
Other recipes are guaranteeing that eggs wont explode in the air fryer, but Ill be honest with you and say yes they can. Look at these photos!
I had placed two eggs here and one of them exploded while the other was fine. They werent finished cooking but I had noticed a strange smell, so I went to check what was happening in the air fryer. And there it was! YES your air fried boiled eggs can certainly explode! The exact cause isnt known, but it could be because of air pockets that had expanded due to the heat.
My hope with this guide is to prevent any explosions from happening to you too!
Why Is there a green ring around my egg yolk?
Usually when eggs get over cooked and are not cooled instantly after cooking, the yolk develops a green ring on the outside. Transfer the eggs to an ice water bath after cooking to stop the cooking process and prevent a green ring to form outside the yolk